Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Tin Man

Halloween! Only my favorite time of the year! I love it! One of my favorite parts is making costumes. The boys always look so darling and it makes me feel good to see them so excited in something more whimsical that a shirt. Plus, i don't have to worry quite as much about my stitch quality and such. It's just for fun.

This year i almost didn't make Halloween costumes, but then i decided that i really want to (especially when costumes are SO expensive and not NEARLY as cute!).

Then i had to decide on a theme. Originally we were going to do Disney Mickey Mouse and friends, but i would have to draft all those patterns myself. And while that isn't the end of the world, i kinda wanted to buy a pattern and just follow along. {my brain isn't firing on ALL cylinders right now...}

So we picked....


So fun, right? I already  had a lion costume that i made 2 years ago {go here to see} and i figured that one costume already done would help me. I mean, that is 1/5 of the time ;) And since my husband hates the monkeys, is 6'2" (not a munkin), and a guy (not a witch) we went with the WIZARD OF OZ for Nick. Really creative, i know, but i like our costumes to be a little less intensive. It makes my life easier!

So here is my first creation.... THE TIN MAN.

My little Eldon loves it. The fabric is just a Robert Kauffman solid silver spray painted with silver spray paint (that was interesting... but fun... spray paint is a unique little thing). I cut out all the pieces and then spray painted them. They sewed. It gave them the perfect stiffness.

I think he looks pretty darn cute, but he is bent on tearing off that heart. Alas, it is only a costume. So without  further ado...




1 comment:

  1. *gasp* My heart just stopped... Oh my goodness, Kelly... this is AH-MAZING!!! I pinned this baby. This is just awesomely rad. Yes, I said it... "RAD"!

    ReplyDelete