Saturday, February 2, 2013

Santa Advent Calendar

I grew up with a wonderful advent Santa. He was our favorite. We would rush every morning in December to put our little hearts on Santa. It was always a fight for who got to do it next...

So i decided i wanted to make one for my own kids. Originally we were supposed to do it as a girls day at my parents but it didn't happen and i wasn't really too surprised about that! :) So when i got home i went right too it!

My mom traced her original and i used it to cut out of a 2x6 board with my jigsaw. I then bought the hearts on etsy for a seller (if you want to know, they were FABULOUSLY helpful!)

I then painted him and put the nails in. I really love how it turned out. You take a heart from Santa's sack each day and put it on the nail. He is a pretty happy looking Santa. It just makes me happy to look at. 

Merry (late) Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment