Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Cottage Skirt

I made another skirt. It almost was a complete disaster. I accidentally cut into my skirt while sergering (the woes of sergers) but i was able to fix and and you would never know. I think it look really good. Just a nice casual happy skirt. The fabric is my Riley Blake, I believe. I cannot remember the collection for sure. It was part of the mass amount of fabric my momma bought for me for my Christmas. I cannot tell you know that we are on a budget how nice having all that fabric is because otherwise, i would have *almost* nothing to sew. One more immediately planned skirt to go!

It's just a simple tier skirt with pintucks on top and an elastic waist back. It's a little big, but i am really making it for a maternity-ish/post-maternity/fat skirt. No, i am not pregnant. Trying, but not pregnant. I just can't stand to make all these clothes that won't fit me in *hopefully* a few months and will then only fit me again for a few months a year later!

The pictures aren't as crisp as normal because they are taken from an iPhone. We hiked 30 minutes up a super steep hill only to realize--the battery to the camera was in the wall. Darn it! Oh well, Nick had his camera and saved the day!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad someone had a phone when you're hiking in the mojave desert wilderness! Maybe a backpack with water, food, first-aid kit and snake-bite kit as well...

    Be Prepared!

    Beautiful skirt (and model) though!!

    Love,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog and I am so excited to find someone that makes things for little boys! My grandson is 10 months old and I plan to make him the book, the bib, and the shorts when I can! thanks for the tutorials !

    ReplyDelete