Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Minky "perfect corner" blanket

I have always seen those amazing minky blankets in little boutiques, but with a price tag of approx $75-90, it was never going to happen. When i went down to the fabric district i bought some minky and made one for myself. Disclaimer, though: It's not my favorite. I ended up not liking the two together and not being a huge fan of the fabrics. Oh well. Live and learn. Pay a little more and they will be nicer. That is my recommendation. (AFTER i bought the minky we went into Michael Levine and found the most to-die-for minky fabric. I almost died. I was so mad i had just spent $40 on stuff that didn't look 1/4 the quality. Again. Live and learn)

So i decided to try out the perfect corners tutorial found here. I looked at a bunch of different ones, and I think this one is by far the best! Good luck! I want to make this with some flannel and a different minky.... but i have a zillion blankets. Maybe if i ever have a girl...


No comments:

Post a Comment